CC-10 project : Inspire Your Audience
An inspirational speech motivates an audience to improve personally, emotionally, professionally, or spiritually and relies heavily on emotional appeal. It brings the audience together in a mood of fellowship and shared desire, builds the audience’s enthusiasm, then proposes a change or plan and appeals to the audience to adopt this change or plan.
This speech will last longer than your previous talks, so make arrangements in advance with your VP Education and meeting Toastmaster for extra time.
Time:8 - 10 minutes
Objectives:
• To inspire the audience by appealing to noble motives and challenging the audience to achieve a higher level of beliefs or achievement.
• Appeal to the audience’s needs and emotions, using stories, anecdotes and quotes to add drama.
• Avoid using notes.
========================================================================
Ask and You Shall Receive - by Manisha Mago
“Oh god, right now I am about to deliver my CC-10, please please please please help me get a good evaluation. Izzat ka sawal hai, bacha le bhagwan. Rupees 500 ka prashaad chadhaongi” How many of you have done this sometime? For me, connecting with God like this was a habit whenever I was in trouble in school and when a situation was about to get out of control. Then I went to college, became an adult and life was rosy and "all was under control”. So my signal became weak, and god and I were out of touch. Few years later, after marriage, some things happened that brought me back to the door of God and sparked off a spiritual awakening within me.
I was about 23 then, just married. I was the youngest adult in a large joint family, trying to adjust to the new relationships and responsibilities at home. I was also working in a growing ad agency as a copywriter and I was reluctant to quit my career and be a housewife for the rest of my life. But coping with long hours, other work pressures, competitive and maligning peers and seniors, and the politics at work was very challenging, and my work began to suffer. Because I had to put in extra hours to stay aboard, and I could not contribute anything to the household duties and obviously I had to take some criticism for that. Due to the stress I started making too many mistakes and my performance went down to a dangerous level. I began to lose confidence in all my writing abilities. Friends and family thought I should probably give up my work. I continued to be miserable with the negativity around. I feared that if I quit my job and be at home all day, I would sink into a terrible depression. So I was continuously frustrated, moody, victimized and depressed. And things came to a point where I nearly lost my job. I felt like there was no one on my side. What could I do?
I sent a desperate SOS to God! I began to reconnect with God. One day I began to meditate on something deep inside me. That moment I suddenly found a sort of latent inner power awaken inside me. I felt compelled to shut out my negative thoughts and take some effective action. I just took a pen and paper and wrote down a few passionate affirmations to myself and to God:
GRADUALLY I WILL CLEAN MY MIND OF ALL NEGATIVE THINKING.
I AM ALWAYS CALM, COMPOSED, AND FULL OF CONFIDENCE
I AM AN EXCELLENT WRITER AND I DO MY JOB VERY WELL
I WILL LEARN AND DO SOMETHING NEW ALL THE TIME. EACH DAY I AM BETTER THAN YESTERSDAY
I AM STRONG AND CAN EASILY BALANCE MY CAREER AND MY FAMILY
I ENJOY GOODWILL IN ALL MY RELATIONSHIPS AT HOME AND AT WORK.
OKAY GOD ????
After that I started reading some books on mind control, meditation, and positivism. These books gave me a new, positive perspective and diverted my attention away from my problems.
A couple of years later, I was well in control of the situations I came across the diary where I had written those affirmations. I realized that EACH one had come true. Maybe subconsciously, through my thoughts, I had attracted those realities. I had put positive energy and focus in that direction. It had worked. Uncanny but true! The spiritual connection I had made at time was proven and tested. Since then writing out affirmations and meditating on them has magically manifested many of my wishes and desires. There have been many such spiritual and miraculous phenomena in my life.
I realized that as human beings we have some mysterious and immense power inside us. This power is what we commonly refer to as good luck that can fulfill our heart’s desires and miraculously turn many situations to our advantage. In spiritual terms this good luck is nothing but your connection with the source energy from which all life forms come into existence.
Have you ever wondered why God gave us a brain or a mind?
As humans our true our true purpose is to use out thoughts and mind to dream up, visualize and imagine, the realities that we want. Our connection with higher intelligence or source energy then manifests those realities. It is that simple. The “law of attraction”, which is a universal law makes this happen. However, the law of attraction brings whatever you think about the most, whether you think good thoughts or negative thoughts. So instead of allowing our desires to manifest, but thinking of any negative situations we “resist” our own desires.
Why would we resist our own desires?
Because our minds are conditioned to dwell on negative situation and limitations due to our own past experiences or experiences of people around us. So your mind constantly dwells on negative thoughts, such as “Oh miracles don’t just happen”, or that “life is not that easy”, or, “Oh this is too good to be true”, and so on.
How can you “allow” the higher intelligence to bring forth the physical manifestation that you desire?
1) First thing is simply “stop resisting”. Let go of negative thoughts and limiting thoughts. Any thought which tells you “This will take a lot of time to manifest” is a limiting thought. “I can’t get what I want” is a limiting thought. Guard your thoughts. Allow only good thoughts about things that you want.
2) Secondly, learn to “relax” and go with the flow. Most of the time we typically use our mental capabilities to analyze what is wrong with our life now, what was historically wrong, or what could go wrong. If we focus our thoughts continuously on the “wrong situations” in our life, then we attract more of those “wrong situations”.
3) Third is to Understand that You are a powerful creator. Your job is to do whatever needs to be done now, by giving it your full attention, doing it wholeheartedly, and without resistance. At the same time allow your mind to desire and dream of a better reality that you can move to and allow the universe to do the rest, to make your dreams a reality.
So my friends, start believing in miracles, start believing in coincidences, in angels and in the higher order of well-being. Let me tell you, I have over 100 slides on my PC which contain my daily affirmations and wishes, and more than 99 things I asked for on those slides have come true. Trust me, it works! Anything that you desire can effortlessly be manifested. Ask and you shall receive. It’s really as simple as that. So Good luck to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment