If Sam Papa (hubby) claims to be the good angelic guy, then mama (that's me, as if I could be allowed to forget ) must be the one who passed on all the naughty genes to the kids. Or so their Papa thinks! He claims that he passed on all the good genes to the children, like the blue-blooded royalty. Then why have the two sweet little bundles of joy that I gave birth to, turned into little devils? So the three of them come to a concensus (that's their papa, Mili who is 6.5, and Veer, the little one who's just turned one), and it turns out that Mama ate something "fishy" before she was about to give birth. That is supposed to explain and justify all kinds of antics that any of the kids perform. I had thought that with this new generation, if the girls are brash, the boys at least must come docile. But Voila! God can't do this to me twice in one single life.
We had thought our little "Shaitaan ki Naani" (devil's grandmother--as I nickname my daughter) needed company. Now obviously God wasn't gonna send some meek little angel into our midst, so I think Dennis the Menace just had to reincarnate as my very own son. And you always thought that cartoon network shows only on TV.
Our little man has just learned to walk and ooohhh the joy of being able to use his own two feet makes him want to to walk off the bed as well...who cares where one is walking, as long as one can hold one's head high continue to walk and walk over the bed, under it, into the door, into the curtain, and into anything that obstructs his way. Climbing the spiral staircase is quite akin to scaling the Himalyas and what's the use of this walking skill if one can't climb the ladder in life? (oops I mean the spiral staircase in the hall) Dare anyone deter him from his single-minded focus on this goal. I can conclude this para by stating the obvious- if one has learned to use his limbs, one might as well use them for an effective purpose.
Talking of my son's favourite foods, I think bathroom slippers are the most appetizing, next come any bits of paper that he can find. Leave your bathroom slippers around and he'll be relishing the munchy thing (eeeeyew!) as soon as you have turned your back. So what turns him on and gives him the high...not beer of course. Not so soon. Its grabbing his sister's hair. That's the cat and mouse show. Again what makes you think that this only runs on the TV. No sir, we watch it live. He's as agile as a cat when he spots his sister's hair and pounces on it with all the vigour of a big hungry tomcat who has just seen a healthy, lively mouse dart playfully across the room. If you hear him howling in pain and misery, would you assume he has hurt himself. No, I know better! It would most likely be because he is being denied some basic human rights such the freedom of movement or creative expression around the house. Do you know what an oppressive ruler is like? Put this boy in his high chair, and he 'll soon make you feel like one.
And at the end of each day, exhausted after sitting through the circus, when I take him to bed, there is this terrible misunderstanding between us! You see, we both often wonder who is trying to put whom to sleep?
So again that compels me to think, that despite being a vegetarian at most times, what did I eat...what did I eat???
2 comments:
You write so well :) not that I didn't know that before but ishtill :) Specially liked Veer's fav food bit :D Mama remembers your Hindi essay about the autobiography of a temple during the Ayodhya issue :)
very cute bacchaas! :)
Post a Comment